Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Day 5 of SARS-CoV-2 Diary

Days start to blur

The funny thing is that at moments my brain is convinced that there is actually no pandemic problem. Looking out it looks totally normal, like any day at home, and my sense of caution is lulled for a minute. Moments like this I say to myself that the whole world is overreacting. For now, the wise part of my brain has regained control and common sense returned. I wonder how many people have the same sensation take over without the returning reason. Looking at all the cars parked at the recreation areas, I'd say there are many whose cautions is lulled to sleep or who haven't realized the possible and probable consequences of such mass gatherings. Also, it's a clear indication of how cities are not planned to serve the need for outdoor activity.  

It was a rainy day today, but during lunch hour is stopped raining. It's also my half-marathon training day - yes, I started to train for half-marathon in August - that meant a necessary run time. I usually suffer through it alone, or so far I have suffered through all my runs alone. Loore really wanted to come along to ride her bike, I was a little hesitant, but then I thought I can always reroute if she is tired and drop her off. She actually rode the whole 5 km without much of complaint and only crashing into me once. She was proud of her achievement and I found running like this more motivating. I had to battle with my prone-to.quit-brain much less. 

I am finding it hard also to understand what day it is. Since the days are not structured via external structures, like lectures or appointments, you don't make much difference to them. For now, weekdays and weekends were agreed to have the same rhythm, but I feel that maybe we may have to modify weekends to have a different schedule. 

No comments: